BOOK

 What is it like to "read a book" ?

Have you ever think of this question. Well so wasn't I before making it a hobby and then a habit. Firstly I too felt like " who will read these novels man, I can't..." That's how I thought about them. There wasn't anyone in my friends or my surroundings who read books, so that I can get some advice.And in my intermediate (+2) the term NOVELS came into my so called LIFE. After the first year public exams the classes weren't going well as most of them went to thier homes and some are in hostel. So basically we are in a chill mode. Then one fine afternoon my benchmate was reading a book and he showed me some lines which I eventually read and ofcourse those lines are describing "self-pleasure" for better understanding some ME-TIME of a teenager. After reading that my first thought was "the picture wasn't clear" because some terms are out of my box then. Then my benchmate explained that scene which I eventually imagined in my brain. Then out of curiosity I started reading that book from halfway. And that's how it started. I didn't remember that book name but I completed that and it's a love story and it felt good at that time. Then I found "Revolution 2020" book in my room and I snatched it secretly from my roomate and I read that within a week and I wished that I never read this book, i don't know why but that's how I felt at that time, all thanks to Mr.Chetan Bhagat. I gave that book to my roomate and said the same thing to him. After that I didn't make any time to read another book. Nearly a year passed , after JEE MAINS exam which I failed, I found another book named "I'm an average looking boy will you be my girlfriend" and my roomie told me that it was a good book to read, so i did read it and I kinda liked it and I think I still like it. Then after all that race of "getting into good engineering college" pain-in-ass process, I don't know how it came to me, I bought a novel named "NYLON ROPE". I don't why I bought it but I did. Maybe I was fascinated by its a cover page or Flipkart tricked me into buying it. And when I got that , out of excitement I read first 10 pages and kept it in a cupboard which was never meant to open. That's what so many people do and so was I. After joining college it took me a long time to complete and somehow I did and passed it to one of my classmate. And in my second year of my graduation I found my second idiot (Ganesh) reading a book name "The fountain head"  all the time. I wondered how he was reading that thick book and Ayn Rand writings aren't that easy to understand in first reading. But somehow watching that idiot, I too wanted to try reading something other than my academics. Then I found a book named "Will you still love me" and I read it and to be honest this damn love story did impact me for sometime. And I still remember how I felt when I completed reading that book and to get out that I took another genre book that is "BLOODLINE" by Sidney Sheldon. And after completing it I felt thrilled because it was a thriller. To be honest it felt good after a quite while. And then came the "The Fountain Head" and to be honest I don't know how I completed it but I did after a quite while and to be honest I don't how to explain but it was INEXPLICABLE and I felt like I should read it again and I will. And then came other books such as fiction, non-fiction,philosophy....

But one thing I found out by reading books which was truly amazing is "living in the story- imagining the scenes- feeling the book". Simply it's like living in another world which is our own imagination. You know what when you read something your brain tends to imagine those scenes in your brain, whatever it is. When you read a happy scene you will feel happy or sad scene makes you feel sad and thriller keeps you hooked to it. Let me tell you an example once I read "The Great Gatsby" and it was good book and while reading it, in my brain I was tend to imagine every scene and while watching the movie most of the scenes are same as I imagined and I felt like I was reading that book for the second time. And that was one of the best moments of reading a book at that time. I don't know how to explain but it felt so good. And I did idiot thing about that book is I bought that book on Amazon and I completed reading it within a week and I returned the book to Amazon as there was a 10 day return policy and I got my money back by refund. I think it was one the funny idiotic things I did. Sometimes I wish I had read the Harry Potter series before watching them. I could explain more about it but it's better if you feel it. I hope someday you would feel that way. Sot tell me what do you think about reading a BOOK.........  -bkk@006.

Comments

Unknown said…
Its tooooooooo long man.
Anonymous said…
������������

Popular Posts