an EXAM

Yup..you are reading it correct..no need to worry it's not about semester/term exams. It is about an exam which I still remember . Normally for an engineering graduate exams would be like Do or Die situations with multiple chances and evryone would get over it with a "one day batting" method. The day before the exam is very crucial for every student. If the result is good no need to worry and if it is bad then also no need to worry we can deal with after 6 months..I mean with BACKLOG. I'm also like every engineering graduate but when it comes to competitive exams i don't even open the books for it, just go and write and ofcourse it goes on with the flow. Now you are about to read one of my ONLINE exams I appeared to and which I can't forget ever. I woke up at 7:00 AM in the morning and took my towel and other things to washroom and I completed my shower and dressed up and took out my hall ticket, mobile, earphones, wallet and headed towards ground floor and my friend ran into me and asked me "where are you going?"
"Exam"I answered.
"Which exam" he asked
"SSC" I answered
"Where and what are the timings"
"Rajiv Gandhi Degree college and it's about to start in 2 hours" I replied
"Why are you wearing uniform, civil dress isn't preferable"he enquired.
"I'm going to competitive exam not fancy competition" I replied
"Your wish...come on I'll drop you at the centre"he offered
We headed to the exam centre on his bike and he left me at the centre and headed back to college. I roamed on the road for a while and had my breakfast in a hotel down the road and reached back to the centre. Atlast the gates opened after clearing all checking points I entered into GROUND FLOOR LAB3
and after the completion of biometric I was allotted system C06 . After ½ hour of looking all around the lab and checking all other people finally the exam started. 60 Minutes time 100 MCQs and the best thing about this exam is there are no NEGATIVE marks. I started reading every question as quick as possible and after some time the screen is showing 15 minutes times left and 65 questions attempted and 15 questions marked and remaining unattempted. I gone through the marked questions and completed them and later the unattempted ones, suddenly a notification popped on screen showing 5 minutes time left for completion of exam and I was left with 2 questions to attempt and I did them. Finally I was happy for a reason I was going to clear this level but that happiness didn't last . Something in my body woke up suddenly and my negligence and arrogance made me to do a mistake which costed my exam . There is a thing in these online exams the system will submit automatically in last minute and  I have 2 minutes for that auto submission and yet I streched my hand leaning on chair and clicked on RESET button instead of SUBMIT button which is next to the SUBMIT ...BAAAAAAAANNNGGGGG the answer are gone ,the screen showed no.of questions answered are 0...my mind gone blank I don't know what to do in addition to that the system submitted itself automatically and there is nothing I can do. I can't express how much I got anger on myself and in that time I kicked the CPU and it made a good sound and the inviligator asked me if there is any problem and I said nothing. After a while I left the hall and went out and recovered my belongings from the locker room and started walking down the road and suddenly my phone started vibrating and  I looked to it ...my father was calling me..I lifted the call
.
.
Me: hello 
Father: how did the exam go son?
Me : (stammering) exx...exammm
Father : is everything okay son?
Me : yes dad , I wrote well 
Father : okay then go safe son.
Me : okay dad, bye.
.
.
I lied but it wasn't first time but for the first time it hit me hard which I can't forget. I can't even forgive myself for that blunder mistake. That exam taught me good lesson which I will remember for rest. 
.
.
After that exam if anyone  ask me about how I wrote any exam (whatever it is)  I would say "I wrote " just " I wrote " that's it whether the exam is good or bad I would say just "I wrote" this is the reason for me saying like that because it saves me from truth and lie.....

Comments

Popular Posts