Science Fair

Bhashyam Public School

Class 6

Section - A

Physics Study Hour

Some are trying to memorize the newly taught theorems and some completed that and hanging around the caretaker with their notes to get it signed and get a COMPLETED mark in the dairy which was a daily task for us and whatever the work it is we tried to do it anyway to get that COMPLETED mark which was an achievement for us in those days and at the end of the year we would look at that and would feel that as trophy with a pride of “not even one INCOMPLETE”.

It was about 5 in the evening when our physics teacher Sudha Rani mam walked into our class and announced that there will be a “Science Fair” on coming Sunday and everyone should form a team of 4 or 5 members and exhibit a project on Physics & Biology. The best part is there will be no classes for theist of the week, to be honest we assumed that and eventually that’s what happened. And the discussions began on forming teams, initially I teamed with Prabhu, Praveen, K Sai and Eshwar. And then fights broke between us and after long disputes and short discussions, me and Eshwar formed a new team along with Jaswanth, Yaswanth and Vinay.

First day of the week we kept ourselves busy discussing about the projects which we should do and there were discussions, arguments, negotiations, cussing. Me and Eshwar took a long stroll around the corridors of our school top to bottom floors to see how other classes are doing and it wasn’t only us but there were fights everywhere and ofcourse we heard laughs, arguments, cussing, negotations and consolation and we both thought that there was no wonder why our country parted.

Atlast we finally agreed on EXCRETORY SYSTEM from Biology and PARALLEL&SERIES CONNECTION from Physics and the next serious discussion started and that is about BUDGET and how we are going to afford our equipment. After detailed discussion followed by many things we each contributed as much as we can and some items we got it from our homes and everyone almost came to their final decisions on projects they are going to exhibit and from that we found that Prabu and team are coming with NEPHRON project from Biology and there it is, the competition started.

And from day 2 we dig into our projects execution and we went on to get everything we need. Eshwar was busy in getting required equipment and I was digged into the details of the project and its presentation and started referring textbooks of our upper classes to get everything I can and thanks to our Biology Dharma Sir who helped me in preparing the final speech and clarifying everything we asked. Yas & Jas kept themselves busy in drawing and painting works of the project and Vinay did nothing and to be fact he was nothing but “ఆటలో అరటపండు” and we fed up with him and later didn’t care about him much.

We got the equipment needed and everyone started their works and by the next two days we got everything ready like drawing, painting the organs and cutting and everything was going well unless for the blood vessels & urinary vessels which we have to connect the kidneys and urinary bladder. At first we thought of thermocol sheet but thought it wouldn’t last and dropped it. At that moment couldn’t come up with and idea and due to everything our brains got burnt and as usual me and Eshwar took a stroll along the floors and took some air and watched other students going crazy about theirs. And as we are going on like that I stopped at a CARDIOVASCULAR project and grabbed Eshwar by his shirt and made him to look at that and BOOM! We got that one thing that’s been a pain in the ass for quite sometime. I took Yaswanth and went to Govt hospital where his father was working and asked his father that we need a pair of saline bottles and his father provided a pair of new ones and we went to school and emptied them and attached the saline pipes as urinary vessels and hanged the saline bottles back of the kidneys and for the blood vessels I bought a transparent plastic tube and dipped it in colored water to make them appear as blood vesels and there its is verything got done…almost. In the meanwhile we worked on our physics project but it didn’t take much time as biology and almost the D-Day was not far away. On the last day we made our final touchups to both projects and  got prepped up with the presentation speech and we divided into two teams , me and Eshwar took care of Biology and Yash & Jas took care  of Physics and by the evening before the D-Day we placed our projects in our allotted rooms safely and took a break strolling as usual on the floors and roaming into every class and observing all the final touchups of other projects by their respective owners and at a staff room we came across our Physics mam submerged in something, out of curiosity and anxiety we bend our bones had a look at that and got shocked of what we saw there. She was using glittering material to give the final touch to the name head “NEPHRON”. There it is ‘chill in our spines’, we came out without making a sound and me and Eshwar looked at each other and had some telepathic conversation and trying hard to not to look at their project but we couldn’t resist. We ran to their room and got a good look at it and it was good, to be honest better looking than ours and couldn’t utter a word we both came out with a lot of questions which played with our Neurons and didn’t talk for a while an after sometime we got our shit together and had a pep talk and went to our homes. 

The D-Day came and I woke up with a good feeling of whatever happens, let it I will do what I have to and got up, had some food and to calm my nerves I walked to the school. Me and Eshwar took our project in our place and the SCIENCE FAIR started. Yas and Jas took care of physics one and sometime passed then parents, teachers started to show up and me and Eshwar took turns to explain them about ours. 

Good morning sir/ mam..............................that’s all about HUMAN EXCRETORY SYTEM thank you, have a good time”. Repeating those words and lines again and again for a number of times which we remembered for long time after that day. After sometime Eshwar left me to have a look at other projects around the school. And I did what I was doing from the morning and after a sometime he came and I took my turn and went to every room and every project and made them to explain it to me. Some are very good and some are fun and came across many things I didn’t know before that and some amazed me and apart that the questions I asked them was the real thing I enjoyed. I did ask some genuine ones but I annoyed and literally embarrassed some of my classmates and some senior girls who used to sit beside me during exams and some of my brothers classmates mainly girls, that was fun and they had their turns and took revenge on me, atleast I acted like that. And the main thing was the project I feared about which can clinch the first prize and when I went there Praveen and K Sai were there and the way it was and their explanation made my assumptions clear. After that I literally wrapped all the expectations and did what I came to do…that’s having fun. And there was a message in the air that judges were around and inspecting every project and I rushed to my place and waited for them to show up. I don’t know what happened they didn’t show up for a long time and it was lunch time when Yas & Jas went out with their father to lunch abandoning our physics project. After sometime I heard the Physics judge was around the corner and nearing us and I don’t know what to do. I panicked and told Eshwar to take care of Biology while I’m looking at our physics project and at the last moment just before the judge appeared before us, Yas & Jas showed up….ufff I’m relieved. They explained well but as I can see the judge isn’t impressed with their answer when he asked a question about the electricity. Well we tried, that’s all we can do. And my waiting isn’t over, the respective Biology didn’t show up. Eshwar went to his home to have lunch, I was alone and my tummy turning me up and down and I couldn’t wait more. So I opened up my tiffin box and I saw chapati and chicken in it and “tagged le” started eating heartfully an suddenly the judge appeared before a project beside mine and at that moment there was a chicken piece in my mouth which I couldn’t swallow because of the panicking. I don’t know what to do and I know there won’t be time to even wash my hand and I hardly swallowed the chicken piece and took out the handkerchief and cleaned my hand and mouth thoroughly , drank some water and stuffed everything other than myself and my project in my bag. When the judge appeared before me I stood up and started uttering the lines out of my mouth which I’m doing from the morning and the judge interrupted me and asked for my name and wrote it down on his paper pad and signaled me to begin and I did and within minutes I explained everything at that moment which I’m waiting from the day one. At the end judge gave me a smile and said “you can eat now” and don’t know how to react, I gave a weird smile. After he went, out of disgust and embarrassment I took the tiffin box and ate it. And as the time passed I strolled here and there and went out with Prabhu to the bakery and ate an Egg Puff and came to school by the closing time. I was packing everything without wondering about the results, then one of my classmates came to me and said “dude, congratulations you got the first place” and I gave a smile and said “nice try man, I wish it was APRIL 1”. He said he was serious and I didn’t believe it and I took everything and started getting down and then I crossed with my Biology sir and he congratulated out of my surprise and directed me towards notice board and there I saw my name across the first place and wondered with only one question “how the hell did I get the first place?”. And I saw K Sai, Praveen below mine and I left my things down there and went on to search one of the idiots and at the front of the office room I saw K Sai holding something in his hand with a look on his face which I anticipated. 

“What was that?” I asked. 

“goat kidneys” he replied

“why don’t we finish them on the flame burner” I said

“I too want that, but this was stored like this for about 18 months or more” he smiled.

“what happened?” I asked

“what what?” he said

“you know what I’m talking about, don’t you?” 

“we messed up” he sighed

“what!!!! But where, everything was perfect” I puzzled

“I too thought like until we messed up explaining to the judge”

After a silence “ I don’t know what to say man”

“atleast we had some fun round the week”

“yeah, we did” I said

“anyhow congrats man” he smiled

“thanks” I smiled

Their project was good and to be honest if I was the judge I would have given them the first place. To be honest I dropped all my expectations and to be fact there was no place for hope and the last thing I thought was to have fun and maybe I can have the second place. I dropped down expectations and hope but I didn’t drop the fight and don’t assume here fight means a great thing or any motivation. I just did what I thought I wanted to do and had fun doing it and the result came like this and I don’t know weather it happens all the time. That day I learnt good thing which I lost in track of time and writing this I can still feel it. 

Have you ever felt like that losing some good lessons in the track of time by running around the things which didn’t taught you much?

Well if there any, I’m listening….

                    Until next time………..

                                  Kishore Kumar Bevara 

Comments

Praveen said…
Good Old Days..
Saikumar said…
Went down the memory lane for sure...����..thanks kodi..
Prabhu said…
Ala Ela gurtundi ra neeku
Jeshtnavi said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeshtnavi said…
You've got a good memory man🔥.Now I'm curious what your projects were 👏👏
Unknown said…
I don't remember my topic or even the subject I chose to present😅.Great work Kishore👏Looking forward for more School stories....😁liked it very much.

Popular Posts